“Philip Glass Remounts Einstein on the Beach” by John Terauds
“Olivia Block: Redirecting the Listener’s Ears” by Chris Kennedy
“The Birth of Neo-Sincerity: THOMAS, Farah, and d’Eon” by Nick Storring
“Jocelyn Morlock Composes Moments of Magic from Ordinary Material” by Elissa Poole
“Ian Battenfield Headley: First-Place Winner in Musicworks’ First Annual Electronic Music Contest” by Jesse Ship
“Nicole Lizée Writes a John Cage Rave” by Gloria Lipski
DIY: “How to Build a Glitchy Square-Wave Sequencer” by Rob Cruickshank
Sonic Geography: “Havana, Cuba” by Richard Simas
Visions of Sound: “Binatone Galaxy: Obsolescence as Audio Art” by Stephen Cornfold
Label Profile: “Drip Audio Records the Strong Chops and Creative Spirit of Vancouver’s Improv Scene” by Chris Kennedy
Event Review: “Internationales Minimal Music Festival, Third Edition. Kassel, Germany” by W. Mark Sutherland
ON THE CD
1. Sama’i Farah (2009) 9:17 Composed, performed, and recorded by John Kameel Farah and Fender Rhodes.
2. Change Ringing (Excerpt, 1997-2005) Composed by Olivia Block.
3. Passage (2008) 5:03 Composed, performed, and recorded by Ian Battenfield Headley.
4. God Is Calling Me (2011) 4:59 Composed by Thomas Gill. Performed by Thom Gill, Hans Bernhard, and Philippe Melanson. Self-released on Such Is Your Triumph.
5. Janela (2010) 4:41 Composed by Thomas Gill. Performed by Thom Gill, Felicity Williams, Bram Gielen, Christopher Willes, Matthew Pencer, and Ganiel Pencer.
6. Transparency (2011) 5:33 Composed and performed by d’Eon. Originally released on a split LP with Grimes on Hippos in Tanks and Arbutus Records.
7. Tongues (2011) 4:20 Composed and performed by d’Eon. Originally released on a split LP with Grimes on Hippos in Tanks and Arbutus Records.
8. Teem (Movement I, 2003-2008) Composed and performed by Olivia Block and Kyle Bruckmann.
9. Resolution (Excerpt from Some Old Slapstick Routine, 2010-2011) Composed and performed by Olivia Block and Greg Kelley.
10. I Conversed With You in a Dream II (2006) Composed by Jocelyn Morlock. Performed by Tiresias: Mark McGregor and Rachel Kiyo Iwaasa.
11. Involuntary Love Songs (Song 2—Matches, 2008) Composed by Jocelyn Morlock. Text by Alan Ashton. Performed by Geoffrey Sirett and Stephen Ralls.
12. Binatone Galaxy (trio) (2011) 3:31 Composed by Stephen Cornford.