“Giorgio Magnanensi’s Adventures in the Sonic Playground” by Nancy Lanthier
“The New Sounds of Lebanon” by Nick Storring
“Charlemagne Palestine Pulls Out the Stops and Pushes the Button” by Julian Cowley
“The Ondes Martenot Surges Toward a New Era of Discovery” by Caroline Martel
“Sarah Neufeld: Solo Violin, Guerrilla-Style” by Jonathan Bunce
“From East to West and Back Again: Fuhong Shi Closes the Distance” by William Littler
“Anna Höstman Tunes in to Her Roots” by Jennie Punter
Sonic Geography: “A Walk in the Barrios: Buenos Aires, Argentina” by Alcides Lanza
Visions of Sound: “Ian Birse and Laura Kavanaugh’s Elastic Planets” by Jason van Eyk
Label Profile: “Insubordinations: Free and Easy Minimalism…With Drone Highlights” by Stuart Broomer
Event Review: “Festival International de Musique Actuelle, 29th Edition. Victoriaville, Quebec” by Frederique Arroyas
ON THE CD
1. …per essere fresco (2004) 7:09 Composed by Giorgio Magnanensi. Performed by Silvia Mandolini and Brigitte Poulin.
2. Distance (2013) 8:02 Composed by Fuhong Shi. Performed by Soundstreams Chamber Ensemble with the Chai Found Music Workshop, Les Dala, conductor. Commissioned by Soundstreams.
3. Bourj el Imam (alternate) (2013) 16:43 Composed and performed by “A” trio - Mazen Kerbaj, Sharif Sehnaoui, and Raed Yassin - and Alan Bishop.
4. Zelllllaa Zuuuullaa Zaayyhaaa!! (Extract from Tymbral for Pran Nath) (1970, 2013) 8:59 Composed and performed by Charlemagne Palestine.
5. Breathing Black Ground (2013) 6:29 Composed and performed by Sarah Neufeld. From the album Hero Brother (Constellation Records, CST095).
6. SE + AK & JG (2008) 6:42 Composed and performed by Scrambled Eggs – Charbel Haber, Tony Elieh, Malek Rizkallah – and Joseph Ghosn, Abdallah Ko.
7. Elastic Planets, Live (2013) 12:19 Composed and performed by Laura Kavanaugh and Ian Birse, aka Instant Places.
8. “L’Échappée du temps,” (Second movement of 8 Haikus Souffle Lumière for choir and ondes Martenot trio) (2013) 2:13 Composed by Marie Bernard. Performed by Choeur de l’Art Neuf, Pierre Barrette, conductor, and Ensemble d’Ondes de Montréal: Marie Bernard, Suzanna Binet-Audet, and Estelle Lemire.
9. Vers l’or, Extended (2012) 3:59 Improvisation by Suzanne Binet-Audet and David Madden, with Owen Chapman and Lareya Audet.
10. Overture (2012) 1:12 Composed by Clovis Gouaillier with Suzanne Binet-Audet and Caroline Martel. Performed by Suzanne Binet-Audet.